Opalustre 6.6% hydrochloric acid slurry contains carbide microparticles to treat surface imperfections through gentle mechanical abrasion and chemical means. OpalCups Bristle cups are latch-type bristle polishing cups that are used with the Opalustre slurry microabrasion technique to facilitate a more aggressive action and minimize splatter. OpalCups Finishing cups are used with Opalustre slurry for micropolishing the newly treated enamel surface.
Use Opalustre slurry and OpalCups cups to quickly remove unsightly enamel decalcification defects that are less than 0.2 mm in depth. Abrasion slurries are ideal for superficial white and brown demineralization due to enamel mottling from fluorosis.1
- Permanently removes superficial enamel imperfections
- Provides minimally invasive, permanent treatment for mild fluorosis
- Low 6.6% hydrochloric acid concentration aids in removal of surface imperfections
- Silicon carbide microparticles provide gentle mechanical abrasion
- Features optimum viscosity for precise abrasion and control of the slurry
- OpalCups minimize splatter
- Croll TP, Segura A, Donly KJ. Enamel microabrasion: new considerations in 1993. Pract Periodontics Aesthet Dent. 1993;5(8):19-28; quiz 29.