Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
Ultrapak cord is made of 100% cotton which has been knitted into thousands of tiny loops to form long, interlocking chains. After hemostasis is achieved, this unique knitted design exerts a gentle, continuous outward force following placement as the knitted loops seek to open. Optimal tissue displacement occurs in 1–3 minutes.
Ultrapak cord can also be used to deliver ferric sulfate solutions subgingivally for sulcular fluid control. Ultrapak cord is designed to enhance tissue management techniques that use ViscoStat™ and Astringedent™ hemostatics. Conventional techniques using alum, aluminum chloride, etc. are also enhanced when using Ultrapak plain knitted cords, which carry significantly greater quantities of hemostatic solution than conventional cords.
- The original knitted cord
- Provides rapid tissue displacement and detailed margins for quality impressions
- Facilitates easy packing and stays in place better than any twisted or braided cord
- Compresses upon packing then expands for optimal retraction
- Does not entangle in diamond bur
- Bright colors facilitate easy identification and removal