Instructions for Use (IFU)
Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
UltraSeal XT plus hydrophobic pit and fissure sealant is a light-cured, radiopaque, fluoride-releasing composite sealant. It is stronger and more wear resistant because it is a 58%-filled resin and has less polymerization shrinkage than competitive products. The spiral in the Inspiral™ Brush tip causes shear thinning of the filled, thixotropic resin, reducing its viscosity as it is placed. The resin firms up when shear thinning ceases and placement is complete, preventing the resin from running before it can be light cured. Using PrimaDry™ drying agent with UltraSeal XT plus sealant enhances penetration into pits and fissures1 by eliminating moisture that can cause failure in hydrophobic sealants.
- High retention rate2
- Direct delivery into difficult-to-access areas
- Bubble-free, drip-free placement
- High marginal retention prevents microleakage
- Penetrates deepest pits and fissures
- Four shades: Opaque White, Clear, A1, and A2
- Adams TJ, Frazier KB, Browning WD. Effect of drying agent use on sealant penetration [IADR abstract 363]. J Dent Res. 2000;79(suppl):189.
- Boksman L, Carson B. Two-year retention and caries rate of UltraSeal XT and Fluorshield light-cured pit and fissure sealants. Gen Dent. 1998;46(2):184-7.