MTAFlow mineral trioxide aggregate repair cement is designed to mix quickly, smoothly, and easily into the right consistency for a variety of procedures. MTAFlow cement has a smooth consistency due to the ultrafine-grained powder and proprietary gel medium. The formulation increases washout resistance, which helps to ensure that the mixture stays right where you place it. Plus, it can be delivered using Ultradent’s syringes and tips, ensuring precise placement for effective treatment.
- Has bioactive apatite-forming properties1
- Mixes into a smooth consistency
- Resists washout
- Can be delivered with 29 ga NaviTip™ tip depending on consistency
- Predictable quick setting
- Has an adaptable mixing ratio based on procedure
"MTA cement is a bioactive material. The formation of hydroxyapatite (HA) will cover the surface of the MTA exposed to body fluids, and that layer of HA will no longer look like a foreign material to the living cells. Therefore, the MTA will support healing."2
Note: MTA has limited antibacterial properties. When MTAFlow is used in pediatric vital pulpotomy, please ensure the use of bacterial free water during the procedure.
- Guimaraes, B. et al. Chemical-physical properties and apatite-forming ability of mineral trioxide aggregate flow. J Endod., 2017; 43: 1692-96
- Sarkar NK, Caicedo R, Ritwik P, et al. Physiochemical basis of the biologic properties of mineral trioxide aggregate. J Endod. 2017;43:1692–96.